Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chicago: Day 39 - 40

*Monday*


Steph and I went for dinner last night at RJ Grunts. It's one of the places on my hit list. The diner is situated conveniently near Lincoln Park and is just a walking distance away from Steph's place. It's a legend for great burgers and an awesome salad bar. (Think Sizzler's - just better!) We were famished after dance so we decided to check the place out. Here are some of the pics:



Waiting at the bar area for our seats.

Salon-style dining.
Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
Quesadillas

The signature Gruntsburger. A juicy beef patty with blue cheese and deep fried onions. Mmmm.
Vanilla Ice Cream with a large, hot cookie smothered in chocolate sauce.
At the end of our meal, we were at a loss about what to order for dessert. Upon our request for a recommendation, our friendly server asked us if we had ever been to Grunts before. We said no and she replied, with a smile, that she knew just the right treat for the both of us. She soon returned a few minutes later with a bowl of vanilla ice cream laid on top of a large piping hot cookie, drizzled generously with chocolate sauce. It was oooo so sinful! But the perfect ending to a scrumptious treat.


*Tuesday*

Today, I decided to do a little exploration on my own. I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art, in the city, near The Magnificent Mile. There was a farmer's market ongoing and I wanted to see what things I could do there. I thought the exhibitions might be a little boring, but they turned out more thought-provoking and visually stimulating than I had expected :) 


I got some crepes from "Sweet B". after that. Coincidentally, it was the stall that Steph and I wanted to try out at the Randolph Street Market, but were too full to. 


Sweet Sensations - banana with chocolate sauce and nutella :)
Dates with God

Prior to my day-out, I had asked God to be my "date". To guide me through my adventure and explore the city with me. I wanted him to be the one in-charge. And it was indeed a fantastic date. I finally got to do some shopping thereafter! I went to Macy's at the Water Tower and I got a pair of black COACH shoes to wear to work when I return to Singapore. I also got a black tube dress (one of those casual, tropical-looking, comfortable ones that I've always wanted) from Soma Intimates - I was glad that it actually complemented and fitted! Then, we headed to Guess further down Michigan Avenue. I had been to these shops previously, when Mum and I last visited, so it felt good walking down familiar territory again. 

God was good. I found some versatile, sleeveless blouses at Guess that I could wear, not just to town for a casual day out, but also for social dancing :) It really felt good. The city, the people, the energy - and the things to do. 

Steph came home later at night. We had dinner before heading out to Alhambra Palace for social. (I needed to go social as I had lost touch and was feeling rusty after my last salsa class). Knowing my nervousness at socials, I uttered a quick prayer, asking God to dance with me or be with me as I danced. I prayed that I would get to enjoy the night and Steph would get to enjoy it too. Thankfully, we both had a great time! God was truly good and faithful:)

No comments:

Post a Comment